Are you wondering about the magic of short positive affirmations and how they can shift your mindset? Keep reading to go over 190 impactful affirmations to help you make positive changes in your life. Whether you are trying to break the cycle of negative thought patterns or need a little pick me up during your day, I am positive you will find affirmations that best suit your needs.
Short positive affirmations can help with shifting your mindset. If you are anything like me, you may already be using affirmations without knowing it.
For example, whenever I feel overwhelmed or anxious, telling myself to breathe or reminding myself that I can do challenging things allows me to not engage in avoidance coping. Here are 190+ positive affirmations to say every day. I hope you find them as helpful as I do.
What Are Short Positive Affirmations?
Short positive affirmations help motivate positive changes in one's life by changing any negative or unhelpful thoughts you may have to more balanced and supportive ones. What you tell yourself MATTERS! Short positive affirmations are a great way to engage in intentional positive self-talk.
A good way I like to think about affirmations for depression is to remind myself that I have to be the biggest cheerleader in my life. Figuring out ways to cultivate a positive self-view may look like appreciating yourself by acknowledging that you are doing your best.
This shift of replacing unhelpful thoughts with a balanced positive affirmation will allow you to be more open to experiences and disrupt the cycle of negative thoughts.
190+ Best Short Positive Affirmations To Repeat daily
Short Positive Affirmations for Self-Love
1.I am allowed to take it one day at a time.
2. I deserve to be happy.
3. I am enough.
4. I am allowed to do whatever I need to do to feel better.
5. I am worthy of love.
6. I am beautiful.
7. I deserve to be loved.
8. I am allowed to take care of myself.
9. I deserve to make space for my needs.
10. I know I matter.
11. Self-love is the highest form of love.
12. I am allowed to prioritize myself.
13. I am work in progress.
14. My feelings are an asset to my growth.
15. I trust myself and my instincts.
16. I am worthy of self-compassion.
17. My body is more than it's weight and shape.
18. I am human.
19. I am allowed to make time for myself.
20. I nourish my body with foods that make me feel good.
Positive Affirmations to Say Everyday
21. I am grateful.
22. I am in charge of my life.
23. Today is going to be an amazing day.
24. I can trust myself.
25. I can handle whatever the day throws at me.
26. I am going to focus on what I can control.
27. I deserve love and kindness.
28. I am proud of myself.
29. I am allowed to make mistakes.
30. Today is a new day.
31. My body and mind at are peace.
32. I can focus on the next few steps.
33. I will set the tone of my day.
34. I deserve to take a break.
35. I am in touch with my body.
36. I am in touch with my feelings.
37. I can set healthy boundaries with technology.
38. I deserve work life balance.
39. I can create habits that help my growth.
40. I feel safe and seen.
Short Positive Affirmations for Friends
41. I am worthy of friendships.
42. I can rely on my friends.
43. I deserve to feel safe around my friends.
44. I deserve long lasting friendships.
45. I know I can trust my friends.
46. I deserve kindness.
47. I am able to set boundaries.
48. I deserve meaningful connections.
49. My friends believe in me.
50. I can be happy for my friends.
51. I am allowed to walk away from relationships that don't foster growth.
52. I feel safe and seen around you.
53. Thank you for seeing the best in me.
54. I am thankful for your friendship.
55. Your time is valuable.
56. You deserve respect.
57. I make time for my friends.
58. You are a supportive friend.
59. You are such a great friend.
60. I am proud of your accomplishments.
Short Positive Affirmations for Anxiety
61. I can calm myself.
62. My feelings are valid.
63. I will be okay.
64. I breathe in calm and breathe out anxiety.
65. My anxiety does not define me.
66. I can sit with my anxiety.
67. My anxious thoughts do not define me.
68. I am doing the best that I can.
69. I am going to be okay.
70. I can do this.
71. I got this.
72. I have the skills to manage my anxiety.
73. I am in control of how I breathe.
74. I will anchor myself to the present moment.
75. I am able to take slow and deep breaths.
76. I will get through this.
77. I am not my thoughts.
78. Feelings are temporary.
79. I give myself permission to ask for help.
80. When I exhale, I feel calm.
Short Positive Affirmations for Mental Health
81. I deserve to feel good.
82. It is okay to slow down.
83. How I feel matters.
84. I deserve love and happiness.
85. My emotions are valid.
86. I deserve to prioritize my mental health.
87. My mental health is just as important.
88. I am not a failure.
89. I am allowed to take it one day at a time.
90. I am allowed to do whatever I need to do to feel better.
91. I am proud of myself.
93. I am not alone in my experiences.
94. I am not allowed to give up on myself.
95. Every day is a new opportunity.
96. Progress over perfection.
97. I deserve to create the life I want.
98. Mistakes are a learning opportunity.
99. Every problem has a solution.
100. My life has a purpose.
Short Positive Affirmations for Work
101. I am worthy of time off.
102. I know I am good at my job.
103. I deserve the respect of my colleagues.
104. I trust my abilities at work.
105. I can do hard things.
106. I am valued at my workplace.
107. I can set boundaries at work.
108. My work inspires me.
109. I deserve to be compensated for the work I put in.
110. I can speak up.
111. I can delegate work when needed.
112. I deserve to rest.
113. I am allowed to take a break.
114. My worth is not determined by my task list.
115. Work from home does not mean I am always available.
116. My opinions matter.
117. I embrace change.
118. I deserve to be happy at my workplace.
119. I attract ideas and opportunities.
120. I understand my value and worth.
Positive Affirmations for Women
121. I am capable of wonderful things.
122. I am limitless.
123. I am beautiful.
124. I deserve to be taken seriously.
125. I know my worth.
126. I can speak for myself.
127. My voice and opinions matter.
128. I bring many things to the table.
129. I am thankful for my body.
130. I do not need to be perfect.
131. I do not need to prove anything to anyone.
132. I am creative and artistic.
133. I do not need to compare myself to feel worthy.
134. I love myself for who I am and becoming.
135. I have the ability to change the world.
136. I can depend on others.
137. My worth isn't dependent on others opinions of me.
138. I uplift other women.
139. My body is strong and healthy.
140. I create my destiny.
Short Morning Affirmations
141. I find gratitude everyday.
142. Today is going to be a good day.
143. I am thankful for all the opportunities that come my way today.
144. The world is a beautiful place.
145. I deserve to live in a world that is safe.
146. I know I am capable of handling challenges throughout the day.
147. I can choose kindness and happiness.
148. Today is a new day.
149. I am anchoring myself to the present moment.
150. I deserve good things happening to me.
151. I am thankful for being alive today.
152. I am full of peace and joy.
153. I attract positivity.
154. I am healthy and happy.
155. I love myself.
156. I am focused and organized.
157. I am allowed to hit reset at anytime during my day.
158. I don't have to figure everything out today.
159. I attract money and opportunities.
160. I can do hard things.
Powerful Daily Affirmations
161. I welcome loving and supportive relationships.
162. My mistakes do not define me.
163. I am a work in progress.
164. I am my biggest cheerleader.
165. I am resilient.
166. Only I define my own worth.
167. I am responsible for my happiness.
168. I can get through today.
169. I have choices.
170. I am a lifelong learner.
171. I have value.
172. My family dysfunction does not define me.
173. I have a bright future.
174. Life is worth living.
175. I can manage my emotions.
176. I deserve to learn and grow.
177. I can make my own choices.
178. I trust my gut.
179. I can make difficult decisions.
180. I am allowed to create my own path.
Positive Affirmations for Others
181. I value our time together.
182. You are important to me.
183. You bring the best out of people.
184. You can pull greatness out of people.
185. I am so happy for your growth.
186. I learn a lot from you.
187. I will always be here for you.
188. You can get through challenges.
189. Thank you for being there for me, always.
190. I am so proud of you.
191. You deserve to be happy.
192. You deserve to love in your life.
193. You can do this.
194. You matter.
195. You are allowed to do what makes you happy.
196. It's okay to cry.
197. I accept you the way you are.
198. I believe in you.
199. You are worthy of respect and care.
200. It is okay to take care of yourself first.
Tips for Short Positive Affirmation Practice
1) Set reminders:
If you are new to affirmations, it can be easy to forget about practicing these lists of short positive affirmations. A good tip is to set a reminder on your phone or write it down on your calendar. You can also ask a friend to remind you if you need extra support.
Additional ways to remind yourself include:
- Writing it on a post-it and placing them around your room.
- Your phone wallpaper (home or lock screen).
- Scheduling emails to yourself.
There is no wrong way of setting up reminders to practice short positive affirmations.
2) Set the mood:
Find a space in your home where you feel comfortable practicing affirmations. For example, light a candle, play soft meditation music, or sit outside in the sun. Make your affirmation practice personal to you and your needs.
Affirmations can also be great to utilize when feeling anxious or nervous. Take a few deep breaths and say the affirmation out loud. Continue to do that until you start to feel better.
Note: Positive affirmations are not a substitute for the clinical treatment of depression. This is merely a tool that can help. Find a therapist.
3) Connect with the present moment:
Anchoring yourself to the present is a skill that takes time to build. However, you can start small by taking a few breaths before and connecting with the environment around you.
An example of this is called the Grounding Technique. It is a 5-4-3-2-1 grounding exercise that helps to bring your awareness to the present moment and divert your focus to what is around you.
4) Don't rush through it:
Getting lost in unhelpful thoughts or rushing through this practice can be easy. However, staying present and slowing down can be challenging for many of us. Set a timer and/or continuously bring your attention back to the affirmation.
If you prefer to write instead of saying it aloud or mentally reciting it, feel free to pull out your journal and start writing. If you rather listen to affirmations, check out a video on YouTube. There is really no wrong way of doing this. The idea is to really feel the affirmation and slow it down.
5) Stop judging your thoughts:
If you notice yourself judging your thoughts, firstly, remind yourself not to be so hard on yourself. Notice the judgment, accept that it is coming up, and gently bring yourself back to your breath and affirmation.
You will judge your thoughts, and that is normal. However, the goal is to refrain from engaging with those thoughts and redirect your attention to your affirmations.
6) Practice, practice, practice:
The more you practice, the more comfortable you will feel with your affirmation practice. Although it is okay if it feels silly or pointless at first, I promise you will feel better after regularly engaging in an affirmation for depression practice.
Start small- put a post-it with your chosen short positive affirmations for the day on your mirror and read it out aloud before you start your day. Then, you can continue adding from there.
7) Write the affirmations in present tense:
Get in the habit of practicing your chosen short positive affirmations as if it is already true.
You may not believe it when you start practicing it, but the idea is to feel the words truly and reflects on what is important to you.
There you have it, a list of short positive affirmations. Use them for a mental boost during your day and train your mind to think positively. Using affirmations always makes me feel centered and more present with my thoughts, allowing me to feel more in control of my day.
Start your day with these short positive affirmations and help yourself shape your reality.
Which short positive affirmations did you find the most helpful?