Want to know simple but powerful healing from trauma quotes? Keep reading. Coping with trauma can seem like a long journey. When raised in a dysfunctional family, thinking and believing you are the only one going through this experience is not uncommon. It can be helpful to get a gentle reminder that you are not alone and that your determination to change your narrative hasn't gone unnoticed.
These reminders help us embrace our pain and be active participants in our healing journey. Keeping that in mind, I am sharing these 17 simple but powerful healing-from-trauma quotes that hopefully strike some joy, self-compassion, hope, or the reminder that you deserve to be happy.
Make sure you save these pins to reference them anytime you like. Let's get right to it.
This post is all about Healing From Trauma Quotes
17 Simple-But-Powerful Healing From Trauma Quotes You Need To Know
1. It does get better, I promise. Just keep moving forward one day at a time.
2. It is exhausting to constantly be at war with yourself. I know you are trying. You are seen.
3. Those seeking therapy are not weak. It takes emotional strength to open up about your struggles. Healing from trauma takes courage.
4. No matter your current circumstances, do not give up on yourself. Things will change, and you will make it through. Your family dysfunction does not define who you are- your choices do. Healing from trauma means showing up for yourself every day.
5. Start over, it’s okay to write a new story.
6. You do not have to be defined just by a dysfunctional family. Healing from trauma means realizing that you were carrying someone else’s burden- your parents, your siblings, community- that was not yours to carry in the first place. Give your inner child permission to pause and unload.
7. Healing from trauma can sometimes feel like you are always playing catch-up in life. Slow down, don’t rush, and trust the process.
8. “Oh please, it wasn’t that bad.” "Actually, yes. It was pretty traumatizing for me." No one gets to decide what is traumatic or not traumatic for you.
9. Forgiveness is not a prerequisite to healing.
10. Celebrate every tiny victory.
11. Unprocessed trauma does not just disappear, it is stored in your body.
12. Healing is deeply personal and something your family may or may not understand.
13. Healing from trauma can be a very lonely journey. Your friends, family, and significant other may never fully understand it. Understand that you do not need to apologize for who you become after survival.
14. It takes time to unlearn years of conditioning. Be patient with yourself.
15. You are not responsible to maintain your community’s honor at the expense of your own mental health.
16. You made a mistake. You are not a mistake.
17. You may have inherited family trauma, but you have the ability to choose a different outcome.
This post was all about healing from trauma quotes.