HEY THERE! Welcome to my website, Brown Girl Trauma. My name is Nisha Patel, and the face behind this space. Brown Girl Trauma is a mental health and wellness space for those who were or are being raised in a dysfunctional family. I am a mental health professional who discusses family trauma, recovery, and relationships. Brown Girl Trauma initially started for the South Asian community but quickly became open to anyone who could relate to the content.
You will find a community of cycle breakers, healing tips, and hope through this space. You are breaking the cycle of Generational Trauma and Family Dysfunction by choosing to do the work of healing and recovery. I hope this space reminds you that you are not alone. I hope this space validates your experiences and helps you realize you are a cycle breaker- you are choosing by saying, 'this ends with me,' and I hope you understand how incredibly powerful that is.
Most importantly, I hope this space gives you hope. Wherever you are in this world, I hope you choose to keep fighting not because it's just what people say, but because there is an Army of people who share your pain and know that you are worth it. I hope you do too.
FUN FACTS ABOUT ME:
1) I LOVE coffee. One thing I look forward to every morning is waking up to a clean space and enjoying my cup of coffee.
2) I have 3 sisters who I am extremely close with.
3) I am military wife and have been with my husband for 5 years now. He keeps me grounded and humble.
4) I graduated with my Master of Social Work in 2019. I am currently getting trained in different treatment modalities like CBT, DBT, ACT, Eating Disorders, and Trauma Therapy.
5) Gym is therapy for me and cleaning is my favorite coping strategy.