Healing from trauma can feel like a never-ending journey. You might be thinking when exactly do I feel like I am completely healed? The secret? Healing is a lifelong journey.
Make sure you save these pins, so you can reference them anytime you like. Let’s get right to it.
17 Simple-But-Powerful Healing From Trauma Quotes You Need To Know.
1. It does get better, I promise. Just keep moving forward one day at a time.
2. It is exhausting to constantly be at war with yourself. I know you are trying. You are seen.
3. Those seeking therapy are not weak. It takes emotional strength to open up about your struggles. Healing from trauma takes courage.
4. No matter what your current circumstances are, do not give up on yourself. Things will change, and you will make it through. Your family dysfunction does not define who you are- your choices do. Healing from trauma means showing up for yourself, every day.
5. Start over, it’s okay to write a new story.
6. You do not have to be defined just by a dysfunctional family. Healing from trauma means realizing that you were carrying someone else’s burden- your parents, your siblings, community- that was not yours to carry in the first place. Give your inner child the permission to pause and unload.
7. Healing from trauma can sometimes feel like you are always playing catch up in life. Slow down, don’t rush, trust the process.
8. ” Oh please, it wasn’t that bad.” Actually, yes. It was pretty traumatizing for me. No one else gets to decide what is traumatic and not traumatic for you.
9. Forgiveness is not a prerequisite to healing.
10. Celebrate every tiny victory.
11. Unprocessed trauma does not just disappear, it is stored in your body.
12. Healing is deeply personal, and something your family may or may not understand.
13. Healing from trauma can be a very lonely journey. Your friends, family, and significant other may never fully understand it. Understand that you do not need to apologize for who you become after you survive.
14. It takes time to unlearn years of conditioning. Be patient with yourself.
15. You are not responsible to maintain your community’s honor at the expense of your own mental health.
16. I made a mistake. I am not a mistake.
17. You may have inherited family trauma, but you have the ability to choose a different outcome.
Want to read more quotes? Check out Good Reads Trauma Quotes
This post was all about healing from trauma quotes.
- 25 Affirmations For Depression That Will Make You Feel Better
- How To Get Out Of a Toxic Relationship With Yourself
- 100+ Toxic Behaviors That People Thought Were Normal In A Dysfunctional Family
- 10 Books For Growing Up In A Dysfunctional Family And How To Heal From It
- Wait, I’m not ALONE? The Truth About Growing Up In A Desi Dysfunctional Family